Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SageVigiles

Great News for Law Enforcement. P.O. Deaths Dropped in 2008

5 posts in this topic

Fewer Police Officers Die In the Line of Duty

MSNBC

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28410002/

141 Brothers and Sisters in blue died in the Line of Duty in 2008, as compared to 181 in 2007. Unfortunately, traffic accidents are still listed as the #1 cause of Police Officers' deaths. Hopefully we can get that number even lower in 2009.

Stay Safe

Edited by SageVigiles

such a shame, i wish people would wake the fark up while driving

141 Brothers and Sisters in blue died in the Line of Duty in 2008, as compared to 181 in 2007. Unfortunately, traffic accidents are still listed as the #1 cause of Police Officers' deaths. Hopefully we can get that number even lower in 2009.

Stay Safe

Unfortunatly, fire service deaths are up again.

Good to see that one emergency service discipline had a decline in LODD's. Hopefully as you said they will continue to drop as I see more and more agencies having their personnel wear visibility vests on roadways.

Along with EJS I wish I could say the same for the fire service.

This is great news but we can never stop honoring and remembering all of our fallen brothers and sisters from all the emergency services... we wouldn't be where we are today if it wasn't for their sacrafices. I urge everyone here to remain vigilant and to not become complacent even during the most "routine" jobs. Happy New Year to All of you and your families.... "Lest We Forget"