Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
steve shryock

WOW, 2009 off to a quick start.

12 posts in this topic

Eastchester takes the prize for 1st job of the year, 0005hrs. Highland & White Plains Rd. working structure. unk specifics

Crazy night.

I'll have pics from Yonkers 3rd and tbendick will have Pelham Manor pics.

Walk in to Sta 1 of possible structure fire area of Post and Highland. 100X 50 1 story commercial with 20' box truck inside on fire. Forced entry and knocked down with 2 lines. Some extension to cockloft, several roof cuts etc. EFD Eng 27,29,30,31 L16,17 C2102. FDNR 1Eng 1 Tk to EFD Sta 1. Two minor FF injuries.

Eng. 30 and L 16 had just returned to District from Pelham Manor fire.

Fine work by Group 3 "Italian Battalion"

Seems like New Ro made the rounds last night.

Walk in to Sta 1 of possible structure fire area of Post and Highland. 100X 50 1 story commercial with 20' box truck inside on fire. Forced entry and knocked down with 2 lines. Some extension to cockloft, several roof cuts etc. EFD Eng 27,29,30,31 L16,17 C2102. FDNR 1Eng 1 Tk to EFD Sta 1. Two minor FF injuries.

Eng. 30 and L 16 had just returned to District from Pelham Manor fire.

Fine work by Group 3 "Italian Battalion"

Just so happens Group 3 was on at 60-Control :rolleyes:

Edited by DES630

Great job by everyone last night!

Edited by efd184

They had a "hat trick" in Yonkers last night's tour (1800-0800). A 1 Alarm, a 2 Alarm and a 3 Alarm.

Chief, first off it looks like you had an extremely busy night, congrats to you and your people for working 3 jobs on such a wonderful night. I have a quick question for you regarding your incidnet alert - you made reference to the #1 side of the bldg, I thought NIMS required the use of letters.

Chief, first off it looks like you had an extremely busy night, congrats to you and your people for working 3 jobs on such a wonderful night. I have a quick question for you regarding your incidnet alert - you made reference to the #1 side of the bldg, I thought NIMS required the use of letters.

There's no requirement in NIMS or ICS for the use of letters or numbers specifically although it would fall under the standardized communications section. There should be one common standard in our area so we're all on the same page. We discovered the same problem in law enforcement with different ways of describing things in the tactical environment. Again, should be one common and agreed upon method to do that.

The year certainly started off with a bang. There were jobs (PD, FD, EMS) EVERYWHERE!!!! Wow, much busier than last year that's for sure... Hopefully that was just as spillover from 2008 and not a sign of what 2009 is going to be like.

Happy New Year!

Seems like New Ro made the rounds last night

Nope, Didn't make it to Pelham. The boys were just being released from the Y-O.

There's no requirement in NIMS or ICS for the use of letters or numbers specifically although it would fall under the standardized communications section. There should be one common standard in our area so we're all on the same page. We discovered the same problem in law enforcement with different ways of describing things in the tactical environment. Again, should be one common and agreed upon method to do that.

In general (historically) those west of the Mississippi used letters and those east use numbers.

In our area, FDNY and all but one career FD uses Numbers. And have been standard on that for at least 20 years

I perfer to use letters. So you dont get them confused @ all. Theres enoguh #s being thrown around @ a scene. Example- You lable the floors as numbers, the rigs are numbers atleast around here etc. So you can say fire is on the # 2 floor of the B,C as a pose to the fire is on the # 2 floor of the 1,2.

Whatever works best for you and your department. As long as your department is on the same page. But I agree with Chris192, we all should be on the same page with something like that.