Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NWFDMedic

Assistant Chief Carpenter works last shift

3 posts in this topic

From this morning's TH-R:

http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...0102039/-1/NEWS

I've worked with Chief Carpenter as a mutual aid responder, with the ambulance since 1990 and the scariest moment when he came mutual aid to a fire where I was in command. I can remember he was one of those city guys who scared me, thinking that I was glad I wasn't our chief that had to go stand next to him to get orders.

If you weren't getting it done, he would definitely let you know. but he was also one of the guys who would take the time to thank you for a good job. As a volunteer firefighter and fire officer, he treated me with the same respect and expectations that he gave his me.

I got to shake his hand and wish him a good retirement a couple of weekends ago in his environment, at a structure fire. Thanks to Chief Carpenter for 46 years of service to the City of Newburgh and surrounding communities.

Thanks for protecting my house and family...Good Luck on the Retirement!

George

Although i do not live in Newburgh, nor in Dutchess Co., i'd like to say congrats to Chief Carpenter. 46 years of service to any job is a great accomplishment, much less 46 years in the FD!

Sounds like Chief Carpenter is a great man, a great fireman and a great leader. His retirement will surely be a loss to the NFD and surrounding communities. However, it seems that he will leave behind somewhat of a legacy.

Congratulations Chief on your retirement and thank you for your service, enjoy!