Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ny10570

Tom Dorr Vigil

7 posts in this topic

On January 7th 1996, Pleasantville Volunteer Firefighter Tom Dorr was brutally murdered in Grahm Hills Park while enroute to a winter storm standby. Tonight at 7pm we will be holding our annual vigil at the park entrance across from Pace University. The police have still not been able to make any arrests in the case so we meet every year in the hopes of keeping Tom's story in the media so that maybe someone will come forward. Until then we continue to remember Tom and hope for the best.

I know every time someone tragically dies they suddenly become saints, but Tom really was one of those once in a life time great guys. How many people would take the time to feed the wild turkeys during a blizzard? He could always be counted on to help anyone who might need it. Please keep him in your thoughts.

I'll be there in thought.....I remember this incident....was working in Westchester County at the time.....

Tom was quite a guy. Always willing to lend a hand and help out with anything he was asked to do. I can't begin to tell you the shock waves that went through the department upon learning of his death. I know all of us hope that the killer is caught and justice prevails.

Tom was a gentle giant and a true gentleman.

On January 7th 1996, Pleasantville Volunteer Firefighter Tom Dorr was brutally murdered in Grahm Hills Park while enroute to a winter storm standby. Tonight at 7pm we will be holding our annual vigil at the park entrance across from Pace University. The police have still not been able to make any arrests in the case so we meet every year in the hopes of keeping Tom's story in the media so that maybe someone will come forward. Until then we continue to remember Tom and hope for the best.

I know every time someone tragically dies they suddenly become saints, but Tom really was one of those once in a life time great guys. How many people would take the time to feed the wild turkeys during a blizzard? He could always be counted on to help anyone who might need it. Please keep him in your thoughts.

Have there been any developments in this case?

Have there been any developments in this case?

Sadly, we're still waiting for that big break. We were able to get the attention of the New DA after her election but as far as I know short of anyone coming forward with new information the hands of the investigators are tied.