Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Billy

Website lists worst jobs in America

32 posts in this topic

Forget what is right for the indavidual for a second. The thing that agravates me is that this perpetuates the ignorance, while our pd and fd brethren are viewed as having rewarding careers saving lives and preventing injury to life and property (property being the key in our society). Just today as my partner and I walked into a local joint for lunch a lady and her children were sitting at a table, I guess the little boy asked his mother who we were. She couldn't even give the kid a straight answer, after about 45 seconds of fumbeling she came up with. - we were "emergency workers who drive in an emergency truck." go figure.

So what did you do to correct her ignorance? Or did you just sit at your table brooding with your partner giving her dirty looks for not knowing what you really are?

So what did you do to correct her ignorance? Or did you just sit at your table brooding with your partner giving her dirty looks for not knowing what you really are?

Nothing. I got a run while i was waiting for my food to be prepared. The extent of my facial expression was smiling at the little boy and his sister when we walked in.

Edited by Goose