Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Cornwall Fire Dept new Heavy Rescue

38 posts in this topic

What else is on the truck? You mentioned the 6 Hurst tools, and the High angle equipment. But that leaves alot of extra room.

We also have a water rescue and a ice rescue team.We have a boat on top,with tools an speedy dry,then we have medical equipment inside the cab with the wetsuits(which is a huge roll up compartment in side the cab.We also have backboards,stokes basket and fire extinguisher's under the stair's(also fans)then we have a cascade system on driver side rear compartment that fills 2 bottle's an holds 10 spair bottle's.we have full cribbing on both side's of the rescue.then we have thermal,hand tools,tool boxes,glass cutter's through out both sides of the rescue.We also have a compartment on the driver side which is used for are fast team equipment.

Edited by firefighter1048

What is this department's manpower? How many men respond on the rescue? On average do they have the manpower on scene at an mva to operate all six tools and complete all the other tasks that would need to be completed at such a scene?

We don't have a manpower issue.Were able to fully crew are rescue.We have a station 2 that comes with a tanker an a engine to mva's since we have the rescue and that station ussually has man power to to help with the extrication if needed.Were very luckily to have the volenteer staff that we do.

6 preconnected hurst tools? No one else thinks thats excessive?

We see alot of mva's.Mva's then any company around us for some reason and when we had are old rescue we had to call in neighboring company's a few times to assist since we didn't have enough equipment.We only had 2 preconnected with a portable hurst system so we had 3 in reality.So we'd figure we would add 3 more preconnect and we still have the protble avaible if needed so all together we have 7.

what are those little blue logo things below the slide out drawers that look like they themselves pull out?

Those are indeed slot's for a winch.We have that on all four sides in case we ever need to use it.

Very nice truck We are in the process of building one now. Say Hi to Joel Hahn, Tave Graham, and Mike Loblanco for me. I was a former member of Highland Engine and West Point.

Mike LaForge

Capt. Truck Co.

Copake Fire District.

6 preconnected hurst tools? No one else thinks thats excessive?

Port Chester Rescue 40 has the same set up for 15 years now and it works woderfull, less fuss out on the road each hookup has a different head [use] and when you use multiple tools at the same time it takes less time to remove victims. Now Rescue 40 has a very busy area [i-95, I-287 HUTCH] and is used all the time. If you don't have a busy area then you be right it may be excesive.

if it works for those companies then great planning for them, but my point was more that based on what I have seen there are very few volunteer and proabably only a handful of career departments that can operate all of these tools as well as all the others tasks associated with such a scene without calling for more manpower meaning another rescue with more tools, but apparently in this case that is not the case.