Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
27east

NYPD Application Question

3 posts in this topic

First of all, I don't have an investigator yet. I haven't decided if I want to do NYPD in July or wait and see how I did on the Westchester County exam.

But while looking through the APD-5 booklet, at section VII, question 21, they ask about license record, and all summonses that I received. I have received three. One was for speeding, and was reduced to Failure to Obey. That was 2005. I got another speeding ticket in 2007, but that was dismissed. There was also an illegal u-turn ticket that was just reduced to an 1101.

My question is, do I still have to list the one that was dismissed and the other which was reduced to a non-moving violation?

Thank you.

A> Take any job you can get, dont "wait" for a better one or one that you want. Get your foot in the door, its much easier to move around.

B> If it specifically asks for "all summonses received" then that's what it wants, all the ones youve gotten regardless of the courts disposition.

Maybe you can post the exact question to clarify it.

Dont wait, you will kick yourself in the rear 20 years later when you say to yourself I could have been retired by now. The NYPD will alo give you the best training and experience for your future career if you plan on getting hired by another department. Answer all questions truthfully, they will fnd out!