Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
oc344

DCSO recruit injured in car crash

7 posts in this topic

Pray for a fast recovery...on the other hand I heard Beekman FD and Transcare did an outstanding job on scene. Last I heard he has a massive head injury with three skull fractures and two bleeds. Still at SFH in Pok. Only 3 days on the job...what a shame! If anyone else has info please share.

Deputy recruit injured in car crash

January 7, 2009

Steven Murray, 21, was traveling east of Route 55, near Route 216, when his vehicle skidded and was hit by an oncoming vehicle. The crash happened just before 8 a.m., according to the sheriff’s office.

STORY

Edited by jack10562
Source site Copyright Notice

Thoughts and prayers go to his family and hopes for a speedy recovery.

Thoughts and Prayers for a speedy and full recovery. This is truly a tragedy.

thoughts and prayers to him and his family. Hopefully he will make a fully recovery and finish the academy at another time.

Thanks for the compliment. Much appreciated.

I'm not sure if the Beekman folks realized it but this accident was in the same spot where 34-51 crashed and we had the LODD. This accident needs to have a different outcome for everyone's sake.

DCSO has always been there for Beekman. I'm glad we were able to be there for the DCSO this time.

Pray for a full and speedy recovery for Steven.

Shawn Beresford

Chief, Beekman Fire

I also wish my personal best for Steven. I helped work on him when he got into the ER, and he was in pretty bad shape. He had some quite extensive injuries. He has a long road to recovery, and I wish him and his family all the best through this tough time!