Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
prucha25

Mohegan Vac New 69B2

23 posts in this topic

Recently Mohegan VAC took delivery of a 2009 Ford Lifeline Ambulance. The ambulance will be formally dedicated on January 24th 2008, in memory of our former Board of Director Robert Landsman who passed last year.

post-15126-1232148250.jpg

post-15126-1232148259.jpg

post-15126-1232148269.jpg

post-15126-1232148296.jpg

post-15126-1232148303.jpg

post-15126-1232148311.jpg

post-15126-1232148316.jpg

Looks nice good luck with it. We should be getting ours soon. How many ambulances do you guys have and is the explorer in the pic a paramedic fly car or a bls fly car just wondering thanks.

Edited by texastom791

Very nice ambulance and nice tribute to your passed member.

The bls fly car (6905) is used as a utility for the VAC for duty crew members, who are available, and is also used by the officers when they are around so they can respond directly to the scenes to assist/set up ems command.

If this is a FD run ambulance, at what point does NFPA 1901 come info effect, ie. Chevron Striping, Lighting, Data Recording, ect. I understand that this vehicle was manufactured prior to the 1/1/09 update, and that there are federal KKK standards for ambulances, but NFPA is supposed to cover all fire equipment, including support vehicles.

It is a seperate entity from the FD...The VAC "technically" has no connection with the FD. The MVFA-VAC has the name because it became a VAC after the Mohegan Rescue Squad seperated from the FD in 1999 and now is it's seperate organization, though its quarters are with LMFD HQ and the membership overlaps to some degree, it has its own command staff, Bylaws/SOP's, Board of Directors, and so forth. The rigs do not fall under NFPA rules/regs due to it not being associated with the FD.

The expedition in the picture is 6905, our BLS fly car.

The bls fly car (6905) is used as a utility for the VAC for duty crew members, who are available, and is also used by the officers when they are around so they can respond directly to the scenes to assist/set up ems command.

Mohegan has 3 Ambulances

Thanks to everyobody who answered my question. Sorry for all the questions but I have one more if you join the fd can you go on the "VAC" calls or no you have to be in the "VAC" to go on their calls.

You have to be in the VAC to make calls with them, i for one am not so i can not go on VAC calls only fire side for me

You have to be in the VAC to make calls with them, i for one am not so i can not go on VAC calls only fire side for me

Oh okay thanks.

I didn't think that Mohegan VAC was associated with the FD? In Somers our FD runs the ambulances so all members can go on EMS calls.

I didn't think that Mohegan VAC was associated with the FD? In Somers our FD runs the ambulances so all members can go on EMS calls.

is 69B2 in service yet

Yes, it has been in service since mid-January

Nice looking rig, good luck with it.

Not meaning to derail, but are there minimum requirements to go on EMS calls, like MRT, EMT-B, etc.?

Edited by Slayer61

Nice looking rig, good luck with it.

Not meaning to derail, but are there minimum requirements to go on EMS calls, like MRT, EMT-B, etc.?

Unfortunately, no - other than having a CPR card you can play on an ambulance. NYS says you need an EMT-B minimum to care for the patient, thats about it.

Edited by Goose

This always ruffles some feathers within the hard line EMS only community but there are NFPA standards that apply to EMS agencies that are not FD based. In regard to ambulance construction I do believe the NFPA has a standard that has applications to it, but it is stand alone and fits with the triple K standards.

Everything NFPA currently has for ambulances is covered in KKK, which manufacturers generally stick to. That will however change as NFPA is planning an EMS committee.

I like the Lifeline Amb. Def a toss up with Horton... who also has a real nice Amb...