Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tanker 10eng

Proper use of Scott strap question

67 posts in this topic

Sorry guy...I have to jump in here...you are singling out an entire, professional department over some pictures, and turning it into a vollie/career pissing match...again...

I don't give a crap about the waist strap debate...if that is all we are talking about - good - it must be a slow week...speaking of which - did you see that jackass on the front page of the Pojo today? Yep...he didnt have his waist strap done....shame, shame.... ;)

What I DO care about is your statement about "that they complain about the way a volunteer does something since it seems that carer FF's can do no wrong"....

To me - that is a direct hit to the PFD, and I can say - that I have not heard, not seen an ill statement made reference volunteers from anyone on the PFD since the days of the open rear seats on 2 and 2! In fact, they have become pretty damn vollie freindly in the past 15 years! Look at the amount of pictures from City jobs....look at all of the PFD guys doing training for volunteer departments...Hell - the Union President has trained HUNDREDS of EMT's for the volunteer rescue squads!

EVERY PFD member has always treated me with RESPECT and COURTESY...even though I am a volunteer...

Perhaps you should reword your post to reflect the same... ;)

I was not trying to single out the Poughkeepsie Fire Dept at all. I to have worked with them in the past and will work with them in the future. I was trying to refer instead to all the Carer FF's that were bitching that the question was even asked. I am sick of all the animosity between Voluneers and paid FF's wwhen we need to work togeather at lowering the number of brothers injured and killed each year and if that means looking back at photos of a scene after the fact and trying to see what we did right, what we did wrong and what we can improve on then so be it.

I was not trying to single out the Poughkeepsie Fire Dept at all. I to have worked with them in the past and will work with them in the future. I was trying to refer instead to all the Carer FF's that were bitching that the question was even asked. I am sick of all the animosity between Voluneers and paid FF's wwhen we need to work togeather at lowering the number of brothers injured and killed each year and if that means looking back at photos of a scene after the fact and trying to see what we did right, what we did wrong and what we can improve on then so be it.

You are making very general statements about all the career firefighters. I started the "bitching", I am a career firefighter, but my my comments were not aimed at the Volunteer fire service.

I wonder how the debate would have gone if the OP had posted this picture?

post-17-1232396100.jpg

I'd be concerned..... that firefighter has no head!

I'd be concerned..... that firefighter has no head!

You've got plenty to spare... Why don't you donate some!

You are making very general statements about all the career firefighters. I started the "bitching", I am a career firefighter, but my my comments were not aimed at the Volunteer fire service.

Bob, it was obvious that your comments were not aimed at the volunteer fire service and that this other guys comments were aimed at the career fire service.

Of course, you didn't take the bait and remained on the high road.

Hey guys, in my opinion this whole thread has been basically a bunch of petty nonsense (with a few common sense points made here and there).

Why even bother responding to posts like the original post in this thread? It's a losing proposition no matter what you say. Of course, the waist straps are supposed to be worn. We can go on and on about why the waist straps are supposed to be worn and then we who have put an SCBA on and off and on and off many thosuands of times in our careers could list all the reasons that the waist straps might not be buckled at a particular moment in time. Then, others would tell us how technically we're wrong and that they should always be worn and they could list all the reasons for this. And technically they are right. So what? Who cares? Why bother?

This time, the guy got his facts right. The waist straps weren't worn and they should have been. Great observation brother, good for you...

fjp326 likes this

Bob, it was obvious that your comments were not aimed at the volunteer fire service and that this other guys comments were aimed at the career fire service.

Of course, you didn't take the bait and remained on the high road.

Hey guys, in my opinion this whole thread has been basically a bunch of petty nonsense (with a few common sense points made here and there).

Why even bother responding to posts like the original post in this thread? It's a losing proposition no matter what you say. Of course, the waist straps are supposed to be worn. We can go on and on about why the waist straps are supposed to be worn and then we who have put an SCBA on and off and on and off many thosuands of times in our careers could list all the reasons that the waist straps might not be buckled at a particular moment in time. Then, others would tell us how technically we're wrong and that they should always be worn and they could list all the reasons for this. And technically they are right. So what? Who cares? Why bother?

This time, the guy got his facts right. The waist straps weren't worn and they should have been. Great observation brother, good for you...

Chief Flynn, I agree with you 110% Also how I have felt about many other of the nonsense rambling that has been going on throughout other threads!

As I stated earlier... THE HORSE IS DEAD, YET PEOPLE CONTINUE TO BEAT IT!

We're not going to continue to debate the legitmacy of this thread, so I'm closing it since it's really gotten off course and because of such, is not a constructive discsussion.

Issues that may be important to some may not be important to others, and vice versa. Many of the members posting on this thread have started their own topics, and I'm sure this is not the way you'd want your topic to end up.

Please, show respect to your fellow members, and don't make this a hostile enviroment. We want to encourage members to post, and not be afraid to share their views or ask questions.

If you have a problem with a thread, please contact one of our moderators, who are there to help you.