Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
trauma74

OLM or any other hospital based EMS EMT jobs

12 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if OLM or any other hospital based EMS services are hiring Per Diem EMTs? My First Assistant Chief, who has good experience as an EMT is looking to pick up some per diem work since being laid of from his regular job.

Anyone with info, please let me know. Thanks.

Does anyone know if OLM or any other hospital based EMS services are hiring Per Diem EMTs? My First Assistant Chief, who has good experience as an EMT is looking to pick up some per diem work since being laid of from his regular job.

Anyone with info, please let me know. Thanks.

OLM EMS which is now Montefiore EMS , The hospital is on a hiring freeze

Vinnys and Presby also have hiring freezes in pplace. Transcare is his best bet, but it doesn't look good. Two more hospitals in Queens are closing which could affect up to 12 BLS and ALS units. If he really wants the work, get into transports.

If he really wants the work, get into transports.

I checked with HVPS/Regional EMS today and was told not to expect anything for 6-8 weeks.

Vinnys and Presby also have hiring freezes in pplace. Transcare is his best bet, but it doesn't look good. Two more hospitals in Queens are closing which could affect up to 12 BLS and ALS units. If he really wants the work, get into transports.

What's closing?

Listen, I know hanging with Eddie at your 89 is an awful lot of fun, but things are shaking up in queens. Marry Immaculate and St. Johns. Employees received their 60 day notice, so short of a state bail out (40 million in the last 2 years) the hospitals will close their doors and begin shuttering over the next 90 days. LIJ was among a couple of groups that may step in, but all are either looking for state money or to demo the facility there and rebuild from scratch. What they plan to build I have no idea.

Check Senior Care in the Bronx. They've been growing recently and other than the uniforms people usually have pretty positive opinions of the place.

Commercials will probably take him - thats about as good as you're gonna get today. He may be able to work his way into NYC via Transcare eventually.

Newark EMS is hiring PD now. www.uh-ems.org. It is hospital based and starts at $17.94 before the night diff. We are always hiring PD's.

What's closing?

Mary Immaculate and St. John's in Queens are both due to close in Feb. Westchester Square in the Bronx is slated to close as soon as June from what I hear.

Listen, I know hanging with Eddie at your 89 is an awful lot of fun, but things are shaking up in queens. Marry Immaculate and St. Johns. Employees received their 60 day notice, so short of a state bail out (40 million in the last 2 years) the hospitals will close their doors and begin shuttering over the next 90 days. LIJ was among a couple of groups that may step in, but all are either looking for state money or to demo the facility there and rebuild from scratch. What they plan to build I have no idea.

North Shore approached the state about purchasing St. John's, they cannot expand NS Forest Hills and the y have someone who is willing to purchase the property but the state told them that in order to take St. John's they would also have to buy Mary Immaculate too which they don't want to do.

Newark EMS is hiring PD now. www.uh-ems.org. It is hospital based and starts at $17.94 before the night diff. We are always hiring PD's.

Are the shifts 8 or 12 hrs or something different? How much is the shift diff?

Edited by 50-65