Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Goose

The Public is Watching...

34 posts in this topic

Yeah, there are a lot of other factors but far too often people see injury and start looking for excuses to go to the Trauma center.

Not in my boat brother...lol. Going to the med center is like church for me..only when I have to and when appropriate!

NW...great point on the immobilization. But if they aren't boarded..they can walk to the stretcher and in many cases they can walk to the bus. And I would take my legal chances of someone falling while walking to the bus...then having a crew or myself involved in slipping and dropping them or having the stretcher dump over. At least walking they can still protect themselves more then if on a device. But again that's a matter of opinion and I definately respect yours. Not all of my patients even make it to the stretcher...they sit on the bench and then are walked directly to triage. Believe me its not out of laziness.

Not all of my patients even make it to the stretcher...they sit on the bench and then are walked directly to triage. Believe me its not out of laziness.

I guess I sometimes forget what it's like to work in the city environment. I should say the reason is "very often" sheer laziness. I've definitely had the patient who meets you with his bags packed on the sidewalk who wants a ride to the ER.

And yes, I agree with you about the Medical Center. I remember when we first got a trauma center up here and everyone was convinced that every fender bender MVA patient or every finger laceration had to go to the trauma center. I think that's changed now.

And I would take my legal chances of someone falling while walking to the bus...then having a crew or myself involved in slipping and dropping them or having the stretcher dump over

Couldn't agree with you more. Don't know about anyone else here but typically moving the stretcher around in the snow isn't exactly an easy task. And, I have no problem lifting/carrying anyone who is actually in need of it, but i'm not going to break my back lifting a 300 pound person down a flight of stairs and into the ambulance just because they broke their arm. I'd like to protect myself so I'm actually able to help those in need.

ALS I don't think any of the generalizations apply to you. Hell you're the only person I know who doesn't transport dead people lights and siren. A few consider it, and most won't even talk about it.

Anyone know where I can look up the blanket roll?