Lt. Andy Fredericks Memorial Seminar & Exhibits

6 posts in this topic

Lt. Andy Fredericks, FDNY, Memorial Seminar & Exhibits

Hosted by the Elmsford Fire Department

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Registration, refreshments & exhibits begin at 7:30 AM

Program: 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM

Strip Mall Fires, presented by Deputy Chief Tom Dunne, FDNY, 7th Division

Lightweight Construction, presented by Battalion Chief Bill Hines, FDNY, ret.

Proceeds donated to

Lt. Andrew Fredericks Scholarship Fund

Burn Care Everywhere www.burncare.org

Firemen’s Home, Hudson, N.Y. www.fasny.com

Westchester Marriott Hotel

670 White Plains Road (Route 119), Tarrytown, N.Y.

For overnight accommodations, please call Marriott Hotel reservations @ (800) 882-1042

and ask for the Elmsford Fire Department Seminar rate.

Pre-registration: $30

www.regonline.com/seminar09

At the door: $35

For additional information, please contact:

Syd Henry at shenry@elmsfordfd.com or (914) 490-1981

Joe Dorio at jdorio@elmsfordfd.com or (914) 536-2235

On behalf of the Officers and Members of the Elmsford Fire Department, I would like to thank all who attended the Lt. Andy Fredericks Seminar yesterday.

I think it was one of the best to date, with two great speakers, 400 firefighters attending and a sold out vendor hall.

It was really special having new Firefighter Andy Fredericks, Jr. in attendance, as well.

Thanks once again.

Hope to see all of you next year, February 6th, when Battalion Chief John Mittendorf, Los Angeles Fire Department, retired, will be speaking about Ventilation and the 10 Common Mistakes on the Fireground and How to Avoid Them.

Stay safe,

Syd Henry, Chief

SYD

On behalf of BurnCare please accecpt my congratulations for runnig a first class seminar. I truly hope that the 400 or so attendees of the seminar were able to take home somthing to their departments. Being there is only the first step ,making sure that the lessons learned from the sparkers are passed to the other firefighters is just as important.

Syd, the staff at Elmsford F.D. work hard on this all year, as a reciepent and benafactor of the seminar I can promise you and your fellow firefighters in Elmsford ,that proceeds from your seminar are being used in professional manner and being used to fund programs that are benifical to firefighters.

Thanks again

Walter Ferguson

Director BurnCare

As a first time vendor there it was a pleasure to be able to support this education event and knowing that there are proceeds going to worthy organizations such as Burn Care Everywhere. As an annual attendee for the educational seminars since the inception it was another excellent opportunity to learn.

Thank you

Steve Shryock

and Steve Massa,

Nationwide/JRN Insurance Agency

On behalf of the Officers and Members of the Elmsford Fire Department, I would like to thank all who attended the Lt. Andy Fredericks Seminar yesterday.

I think it was one of the best to date, with two great speakers, 400 firefighters attending and a sold out vendor hall.

It was really special having new Firefighter Andy Fredericks, Jr. in attendance, as well.

Thanks once again.

Hope to see all of you next year, February 6th, when Battalion Chief John Mittendorf, Los Angeles Fire Department, retired, will be speaking about Ventilation and the 10 Common Mistakes on the Fireground and How to Avoid Them.

Stay safe,

Syd Henry, Chief

Thanks to you and the rest of your crew.

Great topic for next year - especially seeing the video about "premature ventilation" :D

Tried looking for that clip but couldn't find it on google - anyone do any better? Not the same but one heck of a PPV fan ...

Personally, I'm going to be grabbing a (metal) pike pole a lot more often ....

Monty.