Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dr. Zuki

Yonkers PD: Paving Machine impounded?

6 posts in this topic

Did I hear this one correct last night that a paving machine on Riverdale Avenue was impounded???

How were they able to put it on to a big flatbed tow truck without turning it???

These machines have those army tank wheels and treads...do they roll without the machine turned on???

So what other unusual MV impounds have been done over the years???

What happens if you have to impound a truckload of refrigerated food, etc during the summer time???

I remember a truck load of live bees overturning on I-287, White Plains, in the mid 1990's. LOL

Dr. Zuki

Lawrence Hospital

As for the refrigerated food it is the responsibility of the garage where the trailer is being held for the Police Agency that had it impounded in the past we knew to @ a certain time of the night or day during the weekends to check the diesel fuel in the trailers tank & refill as needed as for the paving machine most garages that are able to handle a machine of that type have or are able to use a lowboy (Very large flatbed ) anything can be towed big or small even boats that manage to get lost on the highway

Glenn

I have called a regular f/b truck for a large safe. Proceeds from a burglary, held as evidence.

As for the refrigerated food it is the responsibility of the garage where the trailer is being held for the Police Agency that had it impounded in the past we knew to @ a certain time of the night or day during the weekends to check the diesel fuel in the trailers tank & refill as needed as for the paving machine most garages that are able to handle a machine of that type have or are able to use a lowboy (Very large flatbed ) anything can be towed big or small even boats that manage to get lost on the highway

Glenn

If the cargo is food it's a good idea to get the health department or State Agriculture and Markets involved. They can impound the food to prevent it from ever being consumed if there's any issue with the refrigeration or containers.

I know someone who once impounded an ice cream truck. Suffice it to say there was no more ice cream when the truck was released - just funny colored MUD!

Most of the larger towing agencies have the equipment to impound anything. County towing, Stiloski's, Vincents, Autobaun etc.

I did some due diligence, but couldn't find this impound call...but most likely if it is a heavy duty tow we call County in Yonkers and let them figure it out...LOL!