Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

NHTSA Investigates Ford F150 for Fire Hazard

5 posts in this topic

ClickOnDetroit.com

Report: Government Investigates Ford F-150 For Fire Hazard

POSTED: 6:12 pm EST January 21, 2005

UPDATED: 6:23 pm EST January 21, 2005

The government is investigating Ford F-150 trucks because of a potential danger.

Cruise control deactivation switches on F-150s, Lincoln Navigators and Ford Expeditions are reportedly melting or burning up and, in some cases, causing fires, Local 4 reported.

More than 30 owners have complained to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration that their Ford pickups and SUVs burned. Most of the cases occurred in the past year, the station reported.  

Their vehicles either burn while sitting with the engine off in the garage or in a parking lot. In a number of cases, the vehicle fires spread and caused homes to burn down, the station reported.

One of the apparent clues for which to watch is cruise control trouble. Many of the reported fires came within days of the cruise control malfunctioning, the station reported.

Ford said it is doing its own investigation and apparently received some of its own complaints, which the company is sending to government officials.

All three vehicles being investigated are built in metro Detroit.

where do you find all these reports man? like do you not goto work and just read papers all day? ;-)

Only on Fords does the cruise control wiring melt and catch fire; only on Dodges (Durango, Dakota) do the wheels come off! I think I'm gonna stick to the Japanese cars for a while...

would you expect anything else from a Ford.

C'mon, ECLEMENTE, you just gotta program your PC to be linked to the right sources........ and, yeah sometimes at work I do read some obscure stuff. :paper: :paper: :paper: