Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
E64PCFD2044

Fire Frequncies

13 posts in this topic

OK gang...On Croton's fireground channel, I pick up Westport, CT FIre Dept. On White Plains 453.500, I pick up someone's Highway Dept. Is this because my equipment is too powerful(Iuse a Radioshck portable scanner plugged into the wall with a little antenna)...or some agencies are just too close to eachother? I can hear portable radios in Montrose but I have problems hearing my own deptarment sometimes(if I don't have my pager on).

Do u have a pl capable scanner????

I pick up some cab company on the FDNY handi talkie channel.

Westport FD has several remote repeaters around the town,,and are pretty powerfull,, as for the 453.500 WESCONN (danbury Ct)maintance is on that freq and they also have a 100watt repeater on top of the hill at the west side campu 1/2 mile from NY boarder

E64..if your scanner is CTCSS or DCS capable, then your able to enter a frequency Private Line (PL). for istance, White Plains opperates on 453.5000 MHZ, with a PL of 192.8 This will allow your scanner to only recieve the White Plains transmitions, no matter who else is using the same frequency...someone please correct me if I'm wrong!

what make and model scanner are you using? :D

i've got a whole bunch lol but the one where i pick up everything withiin 30 miles is a Radioschack PORTABLE scanner plugged into the wall with and adapter. it is model # PRO-70 - 50channels. then i have a BNC extension cord with a magnetic base which is outside my window on top of the A/C on the 2nd floor with a radioshack telecoping 3 ft. ant.

Having a scanner with a PL/DPL is the way to go.

I've been hearing loud and clear some NJ FD on our

PFD Dispatch 453.225. The PL/DPL cuts it out.

It's annoying! :roll:

Can anyone provide the Make/Model # of a PL capable scanner?

Thanks.

heres 2....Uniden BC895XLT or the newest Uniden BC898T which do CTCSS, and DCS...both are base station models and will run ya $200 and change without software