Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Yorktown Engine 275 Sold

11 posts in this topic

I heard a rumor Yorktown sold Engine 275, does anyone have the details to who they sold it to and why?

after checking with a few sources the information of any deal regarding E-275 appears to be unavailable to the public and FF. Vergo at this time.

Check with pops for further

For all curious minded individuals interested in knowing about the status of 275. 275 was sold to a small town just outside of Fayettsville, Arkansas, for a 5 digit sum.

Edited by ytpastchief99-00

Much nicer seeing it go to a second life in a needed department then to end up at Brookfield for scrap.

I'm suprised Bruce didn't buy it :)

Edited by MPACE2-299

I believe it was the last of their Orens. It was one of these two. Credit to the origional photographer

post-17-1236001540.jpg

I thought it was the old Pierce they had?

Yes it is a Pierce. It was a twin of 274 (sold years ago). This engine was the one that rolled over returning from a call in mid 90's. It was converted to a source pumper. It has a 3000 gallon folding tank and 4 lengths of hard suction. Also its 4 wheel drive.

post-435-1236007552.jpg

We were there in Appleton April 94 picking up engine 59 when we saw them rebuilding that rig

Yes it is a Pierce. It was a twin of 274 (sold years ago). This engine was the one that rolled over returning from a call in mid 90's. It was converted to a source pumper. It has a 3000 gallon folding tank and 4 lengths of hard suction. Also its 4 wheel drive.

Sorry, I was living in the past