Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RocklandFires

Nanuet, NY (Rockland) New KME Predator Rescue Pumper

3 posts in this topic

I gotta say another nice piece for Nanuet. These guys do a great job with their apparatus, we took a trip to look at rescue pumpers and Nanuet was one of the standouts out of 30+ FD's we look at. Did this replace the ALF pumper? If I'm not mistaken, this must be one of the first that they didn't buy from Tom Shand? I know someone there joked with us that you could tell who Shand worked for at the time they got their apparatus by what was on their floor. Not that they were trying to line Tom's pockets, but that he was so good at ensuring a FD got exactly what they needed and with impressive innovations. So, tip of the hat to Nanuet for another nice truck. They also get my respect for protecting by grandparents who moved to Nanuet a few years ago.

This rig replaced 8-1250, the 1987 Simon Duplex/Young Crusader II (pictured below). The Young was housed at the Bardonia substation, whereas the new KME will be stationed at the main firehouse. Their 1991 Simon Duplex/RD Murray 8-1501 was moved to the substation back in October to take the place of the Young.

8-1250in101.jpg