Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

1957 Studebaker Pumper

11 posts in this topic

My home town of Pine Glen, Pa. This pumper is still in service, 2nd due for wild fires. 1957 Hahn / Studebaker post-4744-1235955205.jpg

post-4744-1235955101.jpg

Real neat rig, thanks for sharing

Thanks Chief for sharing, great to see an older rig that is still in service and providing protection to the community.

Awesome to drive! 289 Big Block Studebaker engine with 5 speed and split rear!!!!

This rig must turn some heads when responding to a call. It is a very nice looking rig, back when trucks were simple.

Can I Drive it PLEASE :P

Dave, do they still have the Ford from East Fishkill? Old Engine 8?

No, they sold that when they purchased the 83 KME Custom rescue pumper, which is still their 1st due. It's sad what these small rural departments have for equipment and funding. Pine Glen covers a Township that is 86sq miles, but only have an operating budget of approx. 15k/ yr.

Well our 88 was just replaced and moved to reserve. Now I'm on the "old" one 94' that is being replaced this year. With the 88 & 91 in reserve we were able to get rid of the open cab Ford cab over, it was a very hot ride in the summer! Me and Dad passed through Pine Glenn some time in the 80's when old 8 was still there. I don't complain about our trucks much, the department in Texas I belonged to built 5 of their 7 Engines most housed in single bay stations with pad locks on the roll up door! Not much money there!

Hey Dave nice pics love seeing the older rigs and there size thanks for sharing