Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

St. Luke's New Ambulance

14 posts in this topic

Check out this AWESOME new ambulance!!! 2nd agency in NYC to use Frazer (Generator Powered module, widely popular here in Texas), after Lennox Hill.

http://www.frazerbilt.com/flash.php

GO TO:

>Recent Deliveries

>St. Lukes Rooseverlt

Looks sharp and functional, and th extended cab is definelty unique. And I know the color scheme isn't new, but I still love it.

Very cool looking rig. The inside also looks very well laid out with a lot of space inside.

Any specific reason for going with the extended cab?

nice looking rig good luck with it

Based on their recent deliveries it looks like there are a lot more dodge ambulances out there than we are used to seeing here in westchester

Edited by NYRangers30

I've seen them out and about in Manhattan. Lots of room in the back, and the LED light package is extremely bright. I'll try to get some photos this week. Not sure why they got the extended cabs, maybe more room for the crews that spend a good portion of their day in them.

Hey Seth. Do you know of any companies that have generator powered modules in type 2 ambulances?

Check out this AWESOME new ambulance!!! 2nd agency in NYC to use Frazer (Generator Powered module, widely popular here in Texas), after Lennox Hill.

http://www.frazerbilt.com/flash.php

GO TO:

>Recent Deliveries

>St. Lukes Rooseverlt

Looks sharp and functional, and th extended cab is definelty unique. And I know the color scheme isn't new, but I still love it.

Just as many Chevy fronts as well, although I do have to admit the Dodge trucks are pretty tough and I am surprised we haven't seen more Dodge type 1 ambulances.

(Truth in advertising statement, I sold Dodge trucks for a very short while)

Edited by Mark Z

The new Ford cabs are significantly smaller than the last generation. FDNY may go with an extended cab on their next order (I hope and pray).

But wait.... where do you store the heart-lung bypass machine? That thing's huge! Does it come with its own zip code?!

What's the deal with these enormous ambulances these days? I mean, seriously, diesel's not exactly cheap...

Nice rig, I always found the Frazer Bilt rigs interesting. If I am not mistaken, it makes remounts really much easier.

As a side, looking at the other new deliveries, there are a fair number of gasoline engines. Is this more common in the South?

These ambulances are just insane. There is no reason for a 911 ambulance to be that size. As someone that has had to work around these vehicles in manhattan they are way too big. They are even bigger than the FDNY HAZ-TAC trucks. The trucks dont even fit in their own hospital's ambulance bays so they are always parked in the street blocking the bays instead. The only posible reason that any ambulance would need to be that size would be for some kind of specialty transport service like NICU transport.

Actually they are not that much bigger (length wise), and they do fit inside the ED bay at Roosevelt. Here is photo I got of two, one in the bay, and the extended cab of the other. I transported a prisoner once in one of these, lots of room in the interior. Also the suspension lowers the rear end when the back doors are opened.

post-917-1236814199.jpg

post-917-1236814212.jpg

Edited by grumpyff

This photo does no justice to the brightness of the LEDs

post-917-1236814320.jpg