Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Feuerdolly

Going downward a rope

31 posts in this topic

I've carried rope, webbing, and biner for years as well. The webbing can be used for a variety of functions. It is best to make a harness on another person or firefighter for dragging victims or down firefighters, to use to control a door when being forced. Despite it being flat, it isn't the best option for bailout but if that's all you have then you'd have to use it. It will still have decent friction going around your body and through your hands. A few of my friends haven't received that webbing in the city so I'll have to ask them. The only reason why I can see them getting that is to be used as a harness if someone makes the roof with a rope bag or to use the bag of rope on the floor with them. 1" Flat tubular webbing if I remember correctly has a 10,000 lbs. load.

Any tool can be used as an anchor point, SCBA should be as a last resort. You place the tool or the SCBA in the corner of a window and your weight is what causes it to anchor itself in the corner. A halligan you can bury the pike end into the wall. If anyone else is wondering who what how when where....get into a FF survival class a the FTC or camp smith we cover it there.