Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

City Of Georgetown, TX Quint 1

8 posts in this topic

This morning, I had the oppurtunity to photograph Georgetown's Quint 1. It is a 2008 Sutphen SPH100 100' Tower Ladder Quint. I found the capabalities of this truck truly impressive, and the amount of storage space remarkable. Although not a fan of Sutphen in the past, they are really growing on me....and this is just another reason why. Awesome, awesome truck.

Georgetown, TX is located in Williamson County, just north of Round Rock and about 20 minutes north of Austin. This station where the Quint is housed is only a few miles from my house. Goergetown is the county seat, and has numerous residential, commercial, industrial, agricultural, highway, and other diverse hazards.

Anyways, check out the photos. All photos taken by me this morning. I wasn't on my "A" game, but I hope I got enough photos to show what a great truck this is.

post-11-1236379459.jpg

Here is the photo spread: http://www.emtbravo.com/apparatusprofiles/...etownquint1.php

I will have a photo tour of Georgetown's "Squad 1" posted later this weekend.

Special thanks to the "B" shift at the Central Fire Station for their awesome hospitality.

-Seth G.

jesus that thing is big

It really isn't as big as it look in the photos. And the turning radius is pretty awesome.

post-11-1236380602.jpg

post-11-1236380632.jpg

jesus that thing is big

Nice rig, good luck and I thought the same thing for it to be a quint

nice rig !!! Did it replace a similiar rig?

nice looking truck, but how is that considered a Quint?

nice looking truck, but how is that considered a Quint?

Ground ladders, aerial ladder, hose, pump, tank water.

nice rig !!! Did it replace a similiar rig?

The firehouse they are in now is rather new, so now they can fit a much larger truck then they could previously.

So, this was Quint 1's predecessor, now a spare. Also, Squad 1 factors into Quint 1, which I will post tommorow.

post-11-1236472320.jpg

There is another company in Georgetown (Quint 4) that still uses this exact truck, albeit much newer.