Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jybehofd

92.3 K-Rock to 92.3 Amp?

41 posts in this topic

I never said hello. In my opinion they are on par with Diamond Dave. All they do is what Howard was doing years ago.

Diamond Dave was a heck of a lot better Opie and that other guy he calls a partner.

Back in the early 90s, we used to get a station, WDRE, (92.? in NY) that was originally simulcast from up your way.

Eventually it became independent and based in Philly as WDRE 103.9 - played the best NEW rock while the other rock stations were only playing ACDC, Led Zep and the Stones (not that's it a problem,..)

It became a Radio Air Pollution (RAP) station, so they moved most of the DJs to Y-100, which picked up the format.

About 3 years ago, Y-100 became a RAP station. The morning crew moved to the other good rock station. The rest went digital: http://www.yrockonxpn.org

Now we have Radio 104.5 taking up the new rock format. I'm holding my breath and hoping the POWERS THAT BE don't change it to a RAP station. We have 5 of them now! :angry:

O & A are still on Sirius-XM Satellite Radio 6 am - 11:00 (sometimes 11:30)

Hey CBS...YOUR MOMS BOX!

History question. Who remembers WPLJ and them playing " Bennie and the Jets" from Elton John over and over???

Andy, that song is permanently stuck in my head. Whenever my father and I were working in the garage or around the house, he used to have PLJ on, and I swear this song and the B-52's "Roam" were on a loop. He stopped listening to it and went to WHUD, I bounce between KRock, Q104 and yes, Z100.

As far as I am concerned, K-Rock isn't playing enough new or upcoming band material. I'll stick to surfing the net for the newest and sometimes better stuff, and put it on my Ipod.

Why don't we hear more Dropkick Murphys?!

I love Dropkick, I really do, but that last album was rubbish.

I love Dropkick, I really do, but that last album was rubbish.

Check out WEQX Albany 102.7 best alternative out there in my opinion, there you will hear dropkick murphey's, mickey avalon, and a lot more along those lines. Check em out on the web, thats all i listen to at work

how do we get albany radio in nyc??

I listen to them live on the internet, i go to the website and than go to listen live, and then it streams over the net. So i guess not too helpful if you are not around the computer often, but here is the link.

http://www.weqx.com/

Back in the early 90s, we used to get a station, WDRE, (92.? in NY) that was originally simulcast from up your way.

Eventually it became independent and based in Philly as WDRE 103.9 - played the best NEW rock while the other rock stations were only playing ACDC, Led Zep and the Stones (not that's it a problem,..)

It became a Radio Air Pollution (RAP) station, so they moved most of the DJs to Y-100, which picked up the format.

About 3 years ago, Y-100 became a RAP station. The morning crew moved to the other good rock station. The rest went digital: http://www.yrockonxpn.org

Now we have Radio 104.5 taking up the new rock format. I'm holding my breath and hoping the POWERS THAT BE don't change it to a RAP station. We have 5 of them now! :angry:

Hey, at least you guys have 93.3 MMR and 94.1 YSP; those are real rock stations as opposed to the ones we have in NYC. With the exception of Q-104.3, which is beginning to grate on my nerves since it's rather obvious that they have a small catalogue (I mean seriously, in the universe of classic rock songs, it is possible to go more than one day without hearing Stairway to Heaven), NYC doesn't have any real bona-fide rock stations anymore. It's either faux-rock (95.5, the new 92.3, 101.9), techno (87.7, 103.5), top 40 (100.3, 102.7) or Radio Air Pollution (everyone else).

Hey, at least you guys have 93.3 MMR and 94.1 YSP; those are real rock stations as opposed to the ones we have in NYC. With the exception of Q-104.3, which is beginning to grate on my nerves since it's rather obvious that they have a small catalogue (I mean seriously, in the universe of classic rock songs, it is possible to go more than one day without hearing Stairway to Heaven), NYC doesn't have any real bona-fide rock stations anymore. It's either faux-rock (95.5, the new 92.3, 101.9), techno (87.7, 103.5), top 40 (100.3, 102.7) or Radio Air Pollution (everyone else).

Wel-l-l,... YSP is heavy on 80s and 90s hair bands right now and WMMR is still concentrating more on ACDC's latest than breaking any new bands. They've become the "middle of the road" format for rock,...nothing too daring.

Andy, that song is permanently stuck in my head. Whenever my father and I were working in the garage or around the house, he used to have PLJ on, and I swear this song and the B-52's "Roam" were on a loop. He stopped listening to it and went to WHUD, I bounce between KRock, Q104 and yes, Z100.

As far as I am concerned, K-Rock isn't playing enough new or upcoming band material. I'll stick to surfing the net for the newest and sometimes better stuff, and put it on my Ipod.

While I love DKM, been a fan since 1999 and been in the pit at many shows, I dont think you are gonna hear their music on any mainstream radio station anytime soon. While they have managed to get their music into two major movies(Fever Pitch/Departed) for the average person out there they are just a gimmicky St Paddys Day bar band. I for one think they have gone way overboad on their last few albums with the bagpipes and tin whistles. They were alot better back in the "Do or Die" and The Gangs All Here" when they had that unpolished Hardcore sound. The few celtic influenced tracks just gave those albums a refreshing feel from everything else out there. Now they just over do it with the wannabe Irish folk band stuff.