Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

And you complain about your travel time to the hospital...

3 posts in this topic

...An ambulance from Carrington Health Center in Carrington, N.D., had its red lights flashing as it headed 140 miles to Innovis Hospital in Fargo with Kandt and a paramedic as passengers...

ND Ambulance Crash

Wow, that is unreal, makes me glad I'm never more than 10 or 15 minutes from the hospital I need to go to. My best wishes go out to the injured providers, my prayers to the patient's family.

Edited by Slayer61

Not that uncommon once you get out into rural America. I've talked to colleagues who work in Northern Maine, and they have volunteer ambulances who have to "relay" their patients from service to service because the hospital is well over a hundred miles from town. They'll meet up half way with an ambulance service that is located closer to the hospital and transfer care; this sometimes happens 2-3 times on a transport depending on the distance. Funny to think back in the old days I used to have BLS crews get mad about going from Putnam county to Danbury with a trauma......

Not that uncommon once you get out into rural America. I've talked to colleagues who work in Northern Maine, and they have volunteer ambulances who have to "relay" their patients from service to service because the hospital is well over a hundred miles from town. They'll meet up half way with an ambulance service that is located closer to the hospital and transfer care; this sometimes happens 2-3 times on a transport depending on the distance. Funny to think back in the old days I used to have BLS crews get mad about going from Putnam county to Danbury with a trauma......

We have a regional hospital 5 minutes from my house. If you need special care the main trauma critical care hospital is 3 hours from me.