Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Bedford (TX) Police switching from Crown Vics to Tahoes

6 posts in this topic

Interesting article as to why they're switching.....what do you guys think?

Bedford police switching from Crown Vics to Tahoes

By KEVIN LYONSklyons@star-telegram.com

BEDFORD — Citing safety and economics, the Bedford Police Department is beginning to replace its fleet of Ford Crown Victoria patrol cars with Chevrolet Tahoe sport utility vehicles.

FULL ARTICLE: http://www.star-telegram.com/northeast/story/1231133.html

I wish them luck with that.....there are some serious, serious talks about discontinuing the tahoe

They have already closed a few plants that make them..........

Is there going to be much difference between the municipal gas consumption that the CVPIs take vs. the Tahoes?

I wish them luck with that.....there are some serious, serious talks about discontinuing the tahoe

They have already closed a few plants that make them..........

I seriously have a hard time believing that, his what i would almost consider a threat by General Motors. We are all aware how much trouble that industry is in, especially GM, but i have a hard time believing that they are going to discontinue the Tahoe. Personally, I feel like this "threat" was made to help GM get the funding they are asking for. The government is aware how dependent local, state, and even the federal government is on GM, especially the Tahoe/Suburban. If anything i feel like they are more likely to cut something like the Chevy Aveo, which barely sell, and sell for cheap at that.

I seriously have a hard time believing that, his what i would almost consider a threat by General Motors. We are all aware how much trouble that industry is in, especially GM, but i have a hard time believing that they are going to discontinue the Tahoe. Personally, I feel like this "threat" was made to help GM get the funding they are asking for. The government is aware how dependent local, state, and even the federal government is on GM, especially the Tahoe/Suburban. If anything i feel like they are more likely to cut something like the Chevy Aveo, which barely sell, and sell for cheap at that.

And dont forget its hard for a car company to cut something thats been around for 50+ years, why do ya think the suburban and corvette have been around all this time. They are part of GM history and pride.