Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
INIT915

Medic accused of ditching child at Bronx hospital

8 posts in this topic

http://www.lohud.com/article/20090314/UPDATE/90314002

NEW YORK (AP) — A medic is accused of ditching a 5-year-old patient at a Bronx hospital emergency room after growing impatient while waiting to properly transfer the child.

The city’s Department of Investigation says that the 28-year-old the emergency medical technician forged a nurse’s signature before leaving the patient at the Lincoln Medical and Mental Health Center’s emergency room.

Well that was dumb, if this is in fact true. Wonder what was so pressing?

I'm sure you have been down to Lincoln once or twice. Get stuck on a late call and add on 40+ minutes of Lincoln Peds triage can entice someone to do something stupid. Its like that Chris Rock bit. I don't condone it, but I understand.

I don't get why they went for the felony endangerment charge. He didn't leave the kid on a street corner. The child was in the appropriate part of the right facility. He just didn't do the formal transfer of care

I'm sure you have been down to Lincoln once or twice. Get stuck on a late call and add on 40+ minutes of Lincoln Peds triage can entice someone to do something stupid. Its like that Chris Rock bit. I don't condone it, but I understand.

I don't get why they went for the felony endangerment charge. He didn't leave the kid on a street corner. The child was in the appropriate part of the right facility. He just didn't do the formal transfer of care

The Endangerment it a Misd. Forgery and Criminal Possession of a Forged Instrument are Felonies.

Don't know if this is true, but the EMTs spokesperson stated the nurse took the kid but refussed to sign the PCR/ACR. If it is true ... .

3 sides to every story

Paul didn't just abandon the kid on the door to the hospital. He was inside the Pediatrics ER awaiting triage for a period of time. At some point for some reason he left, leaving the patient inside the Pediatrics ER. Occasionally pissing matches develop between EMS and Nurses with people trying to exert their influence but if a nurse is refusing to sign, there is a course of action that we are suppose to take. That doesn't include forging a signature.