Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x129K

Collapse Rescue in Dutchess?

64 posts in this topic

I got into a conversation last night, and apparently Rensselaer County just south of Albany has a county-wide collapse rescue team.

Another possible resource.

Edited by FiftyOnePride

I got into a conversation last night, and apparently Rensselaer County just south of Albany has a county-wide collapse rescue team.

Another possible resource.

There is no county-wide team in Rensselaer County. The City of Troy has a Ha-Mat team that covers the county as well as Troy.

Columbia County has a Haz-Mat/Confined Space Rescue Team. No collapse rescue resources in the county.

Another important note is that there are a few NYSTF-2 members that live & work/volunteer right in Dutchess, Ulster, Orange, etc.. that although would not have any equipment maybe able to arrive on the scene of an incident a little quicker and provide technical assistance prior to the entire team arriving. Not sure what their protocols are.. theymay not be able to respond directly to an incident without the rest of the team.. I don't know??

There is no county-wide team in Rensselaer County. The City of Troy has a Ha-Mat team that covers the county as well as Troy.

Columbia County has a Haz-Mat/Confined Space Rescue Team. No collapse rescue resources in the county.

Another important note is that there are a few NYSTF-2 members that live & work/volunteer right in Dutchess, Ulster, Orange, etc.. that although would not have any equipment maybe able to arrive on the scene of an incident a little quicker and provide technical assistance prior to the entire team arriving. Not sure what their protocols are.. theymay not be able to respond directly to an incident without the rest of the team.. I don't know??

Well then, thanks for the clarification!

i got to reading this and was wondering does Central Hudson or Indian Point have a collapse rescue team? if so they could have a pretty quick response to Dutchess