Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
herringtrott

Driving Experience Needed For Commercial EMS?

5 posts in this topic

I have contacted Alamo, NDP, and Transcare looking for work as an EMT, however NDP said they are in a freeze while the other two said that they need 3-5 years of driving experience per their insurance. I received my license in sept of 07 and have no infractions or accidents on my record whatsoever. I was wondering if MLSS or any other ems service near by would hire me as a non-driver EMT, or wouldn't have a problem with my lack of driving experience.

thanks in advance

I know for a fact that in the past TransCare has hired non-driving EMTs, obviously the downside to that is you'll be stuck on a BLS shuck truck for a while. Mobile Life has no set requirement, your driving experience/record is reviewed on a case by case basis when they review your application. NDP may be hiring within the next few months. We're trying a few new things now and if they end up working well, I'd imagine we're gonna need more staff.

I have contacted Alamo, NDP, and Transcare looking for work as an EMT, however NDP said they are in a freeze while the other two said that they need 3-5 years of driving experience per their insurance. I received my license in sept of 07 and have no infractions or accidents on my record whatsoever. I was wondering if MLSS or any other ems service near by would hire me as a non-driver EMT, or wouldn't have a problem with my lack of driving experience.

thanks in advance

herringtrot . i would try westchester ems. go to website.westchester ems.com ??

good luck shac 7313

Empress hires for their transport company (emergacare NY) if you are under 21 or have too many points on your license.

Try Hudson Valley Paramedics. They would most likely put you on a transport truck