Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Fairview (Greenburgh)- CAFS Use On Wood Ave. Fire?

2 posts in this topic

I'm just curious- I know the new Fairview (Greenburgh) Engine 176 is the first due Engine for Wood Ave. Were they for the multiple alarm there a few weeks back?

Also, Fairview has a history of succesfully using CAFS/Class A Foam to quickly knock down fires, and was one of the first departments in the area to do so (Engine 174). Was CAFS used on this fire, and if so, was the new system on 176 used? I know Hartsdale was also on the scene with Engine 170, which is also equipped with CAFS- was this deployed?

I'm just curious- I know the new Fairview (Greenburgh) Engine 176 is the first due Engine for Wood Ave. Were they for the multiple alarm there a few weeks back?

Also, Fairview has a history of succesfully using CAFS/Class A Foam to quickly knock down fires, and was one of the first departments in the area to do so (Engine 174). Was CAFS used on this fire, and if so, was the new system on 176 used? I know Hartsdale was also on the scene with Engine 170, which is also equipped with CAFS- was this deployed?

E-174 is 1st due they run out of FFD station 2

176 is the HQ engine.

Neither rig has CAFS. Both Have class A Foam. no Air. No compressor on 176 and i believe 174 is disconnected.