Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

St Vincents Has Vans?

7 posts in this topic

Watching the news today, I saw footage of a St Vincents (Manhattan) Hospital Type II van ambulance? Since when does St Vincents use vans? I thought St Vincents only used Type III's, either Brauns or Marques?

What does St Vinny's currently have in its fleet? Anybody got photos?

Watching the news today, I saw footage of a St Vincents (Manhattan) Hospital Type II van ambulance? Since when does St Vincents use vans? I thought St Vincents only used Type III's, either Brauns or Marques?

Personally I don't understand why more ambulances in the 911 system in NYC aren't vans. They are less expensive, more manuverable (especially with traffic the way it is), and easier for a lone crew(wo)man to work in, than a modular.

Some of the other St Vincents hospitals in the outer bouroughs used to use vans such as St. Marys in Brooklyn.

Many of the voluntaries use vans for there BLS units. I don't believe Vinie's runs any BLS but all the CMC busses look alike now and the Brooklyn and Queens units have them. Its not that unussual for a brooklyn unit to transport a patient to a downtown Manhattan Hospital "by request" or as the closest fascility if your on a bridge or tunnel.

There actually more difficult to work in than a mod. there is less room and less compartment space. as well as they are more prone to being rolled

I am a Vinnies paramedic and we only have brauns we don't have any vans, but st. mary's, st. john's, mary immac., none of the manhattan hospitals have vans.

Lenox Hill has type 2's.