Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Southwest Airlines To Start Flights From LaGuardia Airport This June

9 posts in this topic

I just learned that Southwest Airlines will be flying from LaGuardia Airport begining in June.

Although I HATE Southwest (why can't they have assigned seating, their boarding process is no shorter then anybody else's and you feel like cattle with the "bording groups" and all), it's another option for travel to and from NY.

But, I haven't really found Southwest to be cheaper then other airlines, and as everyone knows, I much prefer jetBlue.

Becareful Jet Blue is slowly rising prices here in Westchester, I have spoken to some passengers they are saying they are getting better deals from US Air now to Fla making stop overs in Philly first. I havent checked this out myself just hearsay

Won't use JetBlue after what they tried to do to us last fall.....were supposed to fly out of Syracuse non-stop to Fla.....booked and paid for the tickets. A month before the trip we get a notice saying the time/path of our flight had changed due to 'seasonal changes'.....now stopping and changing planes at KENNEDY! We did get a full refund on our tickets, plus a voucher which we will never use.

Flew Southwest out of Albany instead - cheaper fare, flights were on-time or EARLY......I have no problem with the group boarding - just get on line early to get a low number.....

We used to like to fly AirTran out of Newburgh - but they stopped flying out of there.

Becareful Jet Blue is slowly rising prices here in Westchester, I have spoken to some passengers they are saying they are getting better deals from US Air now to Fla making stop overs in Philly first. I havent checked this out myself just hearsay

the only thing about jet blue though is its usually a direct flight, ill always pay i few $ extra to have a direct flight then having to stop and change planes in another city

I'm spoiled. I try to fly jetBlue whenever I can. It's hard to fly without the live TV!! The one time I flew Southwest, we were the first to check in and the very last people in the last boarding group.

Plus, jetBlue flies direct from Austin to JFK.....sadly, they're not using the E190's anymore, they've upgraded to the A320 and cut the amount of flights to NY daily.....but increased flights to other destinations I frequent, or at least used to, like Los Angeles. I can, when I can afford to fly again, fly jetBlue connecting in Orlando and then direct to Westchester.....I just hate the Orlando-JFK flights...ALWAYS screaming kids!

Southwest being at LGA does open up a lot of destinations for NY's, especially if the use connections via Baltimore. I just don't know how many slots LGA has alotted for Southwest.

Southwest is based here in Texas (Dallas), as is American Airlines (Dallas-Fort Worth) and Continental Airlines (Houston), but jetBlue has a STRONG following in here in the Austin area.

Flew Westchester to Orlando a couple of weeks ago for $ 69.....and I booked about a week before that.

Be smart when you look for prices....check several times a day and, most importantly, late at night. prices do change based upon booking for particular flights.

A couple other things I like about Southwest - NO rebooking fee - you can cancel your flight up until you actually get on the plane with no penalty - you get a credit for that amount to use another time. PLUS - no bag fees, and if you book a flight and the price goes down, you can rebook at the lower price retaining the difference as a credit.

I don't mind not having a TV on board - that is why I bring a couple books.....having a friendly flight crew makes a big difference too......although thankfully there has NOT been any singing on any of my flights !

Jet Blue is a non-Union airlines, thats how they can keep there prices down. Seth those screaming kid(s) could be yours one day. LOL :lol: