Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JimmyPFD

Dobbs Ferry Police Officer Richard White Online Condolence Card

26 posts in this topic

Dobbs Ferry police officer commits suicide, officials say

By Jenna Carlesso

Link to story http://www.lohud.com/article/20090411/NEWS02/904110336

DOBBS FERRY - A seven-year veteran of the village's police force died yesterday from a self-inflicted gunshot wound, the county Medical Examiner's Office said.

Police Officer Richard White, 33, shot himself in his Main Street home around 2 a.m., authorities said.

White was a member of the SWAT Team, the Marine Unit and Bicycle Patrol Unit."We will remember Rick for his loyalty and dedication to this department, his smile, his infectious laugh and our memories of Rick will live in our hearts forever," village Police Chief Betsy J. Gelardi said in a statement. "This is a sad day for the Dobbs Ferry Police Department and the entire village. The department extends its condolences and heartfelt sympathy to Rick's family and his fiancee."

Outside of the police department, he served as a member of the Dobbs Ferry Volunteer Fire Department, Livingston Hose Company.

Firefighters declined comment yesterday.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An all too common tragedy. Rest in Peace.

Rest in Peace Ricky. I miss you already brother!

R.I.P. My heart goes out to the family and The Department members that he was involved With Police and fire.. You guy's are strong and you will get through this....

In 1981 my rookie class there was A Rick White from Hastings PD, is this latest tragedy a relative of his? My sincerest condolences to the White family, The Dobbs Ferry PD and Dobbs Ferry FD. RIP Brother.

RIP Ricky... Miss you bro! And Yes Ricky White from Hastings PD is his Father

Rest in peace, any my prayers to his family and Departments.

Thanks 47, I was afraid of that.

I'm sorry to hear of this tragedy. I don't know Officer White, but he sounds like a standup guy. God bless you, your family, the DFPD and DFFD on their loss.

May you rest in peace. You will sorely be missed in the community.

You were a stand up guy, just like you father & grandfather.

I am going to miss Ricky very much. I'm going to miss his smile, his laugh, his awesome sense of humor, and I'm going to miss all that he had to offer to the village of Dobbs Ferry and to everyone who knows him. My prayers are with my fellow firefighters and police officers and the White family. It's going to be very hard to go into work in the morning knowing police officer White is not coming in from his midnight tour. It's going to be nearly impossible to imagine not seeing his face on fire calls and drills anymore. The village of Dobbs Ferry, amongst the rest of the world lost a very special man.

This is to Police Officer/Firefighter Ricky White.

My personal hero.

You will never be forgotten. Much love, Brother!

Mass of the Resurrection Wednesday 9:30AM Our Lady of Pompeii Church, Visiting Tuesday 2-4 & 7-9PM Edwards-Dowdle Funeral Home in Dobbs Ferry

post-14-1239522659.jpg

Edited by DFFD227

May you have eternal peace , your short lived life will have an everlasting positive impact on our village. RIP RICKY

STAY STRONG DFPD/DFFD

Thank You for all the kind words

Ricky was my best friend and my son

Sgt Richard White Hastings on Hudson PD

Rest in Peace

My thoughts are with the family, friends, DFPD/DFFD....

Rest in Peace may God keep you safe in his kigdom and give your family and friends the strength to get through this sad time.

My condolences to Ricky's family, co-workers and friends...

My condolences to Ricky's family, both his "real" family, and adopted families of DFPD and DFFD.

Rest in Peace Ricky, and may God Grant your family, friends as well as the Members of DFPD and DFFD the strength to make it through thiss terrible tragedy.

Rest In Peace

Police Officer Ricky White

My condolences to Officer Richard Whites family.

To the family and friends of Rick White.

My sincerest condolences!

RIP Brother.

It's been a while but now it starts sinking in...

Your "Uncle" misses you Bro!