Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hookandcanman83

NY Recert/Reciprocity

3 posts in this topic

I applied for reciprocity from NJ to NY. I was denied because they said I havent taken a state test in the last 3 years. I just did my recert at the end of 2008 but here in the good ole state of NJ we dont take a state test to recert. So with my letter from NY I was told I have to take a recert class in NY and I can get a NY card through reciprocity. I am a little confused and I am hoping someone can help me because I am clueless.

Where can I take these classes?

How long are they?

Who would I talk to to get enrolled?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I applied for reciprocity from NJ to NY. I was denied because they said I havent taken a state test in the last 3 years. I just did my recert at the end of 2008 but here in the good ole state of NJ we dont take a state test to recert. So with my letter from NY I was told I have to take a recert class in NY and I can get a NY card through reciprocity. I am a little confused and I am hoping someone can help me because I am clueless.

Where can I take these classes?

How long are they?

Who would I talk to to get enrolled?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.health.state.ny.us/nysdoh/ems/training.htm

That should give you all the information you need.

The way the refreshers work in New York is you take a pretest and then attend lectures for any section that you failed in addition to a bunch of required lectures. Then you take the state practical and written exam at the end. If you do well on the pre-test you only have to go to a handful of classes.