Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
helicopper

Alpine (Bergen) 2nd+ Alarm Brush Fire - 04/18-19/2009

14 posts in this topic

Still images snapped from the FLIR camera system... The color ones are blurry because it was so dark but the thermal imaging ones give a good perspective of just how big it got.

post-4772-1240176089.jpg

post-4772-1240176098.jpg

post-4772-1240176119.jpg

post-4772-1240176137.jpg

post-4772-1240176146.jpg

post-4772-1240176163.jpg

With the contrast adjusted the actual fire burning is much more vivid.

post-4772-1240176175.jpg

post-4772-1240176188.jpg

post-4772-1240176203.jpg

These photos are the copyrighted of the Westchester County Department of Public Safety and may not be reproduced, copied, or used in any manner without the written permission of the Westchester County Department of Public Safety.

post-4772-1240176106.jpg

post-4772-1240176218.jpg

Really cool shots, definitely a unique perspective compared to most pictures we see on here. Thanks for sharing.

Great shots! I'm pretty sure this is the fire that my dad told me about that he was able to see from Yonkers.

Great shots! I'm pretty sure this is the fire that my dad told me about that he was able to see from Yonkers.

I'm absolutely sure he could see it from Yonkers. Lots of people apparently did (including us).

Very interesting shots indeed! Thanks, Chris!!!!

Interesting. Anyone have normal shots to add?

Are you saying these pictures are Abby-someone? Abby-normal?

Thanks a lot! :P

Given the location and how dark it was on that hill, I'd be surprised if there were a lot of photogs wandering about...

Are you saying these pictures are Abby-someone? Abby-normal?

Thanks a lot! :P

Given the location and how dark it was on that hill, I'd be surprised if there were a lot of photogs wandering about...

Actually no, just hiked up and down the Palisades trails when I was younger so I was curious if another type might relate better in my mind.

Out of curiosity, when u fly over the nj side do u have to notify njsp or anyone like that?

Out of curiosity, when u fly over the nj side do u have to notify njsp or anyone like that?

Your still under the same air traffic control from the NY side of the Hudson to the NJ side. New York Center controls that area and you just have to let them know where your going.