Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Photounit

Structure Fire - Beekman Fire District - 162 Gold Rd - 4/23/09

13 posts in this topic

Sorry for not posting these sooner but I have been real busy between work and shooting weddings that I have had no free time.......

These are photo's of Beekman's fire that occurred last Thursday morning at #162 Gold Rd. They had heavy fire upon arrival with the two neighboring residences as exposures. Beekman was assisted by East Fishkill, Union Vale, and Pawling Fire Departments. The Dutchess County OOER Fire Investigation Division and DCSO investigated the incident.

522553074_8Ajss-XL.jpg

First in shot.......

522553206_ejif9-XL.jpg

A little closer.....

522553285_iu5YR-XL.jpg

One of two serious exposure issues....... The fire burned fast and furious and both neighboring residences were at risk......

522555438_Sg7et-XL.jpg

Firefighters hit what's left of the residence.....

522557038_SqmSx-XL.jpg

Exposure problem.......

522557137_NQKJb-XL.jpg

A shot showing how far apart the structures actually were........ It must have been HOT......

522556313_UnEZW-XL.jpg

For a split second I thought I was on the BACKDRAFT set....... :o Here East Fishkill FAST Team member Scott Beyer pauses in front of the fire building.....

522557736_jityi-XL.jpg

A close-up of the B - Side exposure........

522554091_XWcFQ-XL.jpg

Beekman's new Pierce rescue pumper operates at the scene......

522558513_Gh2gA-XL.jpg

And lastly...... A shot of the porta-tank operation......

Edited by Photounit

that neighbor sure has one nice lawn B)

Thanks for sharing. Did the new PUC flow any water? if it did, how did it do?

Sorry for not posting these sooner but I have been real busy between work and shooting weddings that I have had no free time.......

These are photo's of Beekman's fire that occurred last Thursday morning at #162 Gold Rd. They had heavy fire upon arrival with the two neighboring residences as exposures. Beekman was assisted by East Fishkill, Union Vale, and Pawling Fire Departments. The Dutchess County OOER Fire Investigation Division and DCSO investigated the incident.

522553074_8Ajss-XL.jpg

First in shot.......

522553206_ejif9-XL.jpg

A little closer.....

522553285_iu5YR-XL.jpg

One of two serious exposure issues....... The fire burned fast and furious and both neighboring residences were at risk......

522555438_Sg7et-XL.jpg

Firefighters hit what's left of the residence.....

522557038_SqmSx-XL.jpg

Exposure problem.......

I did not see it flowing anywater.

Bill great stuff as always, quick question: on the "backdraft" shot and for others that you have low light what setting or group of settings do you set the camera for. I just got a canon XSI and would like to know what works best before I get there and ruin the shots, I know it easy to use one of the auto settings, just curious how you approach your shots.

Thanks,

Mark

I stopped by their station the next morning to inquire if they had used the new foam system on the PUC as well, no one was around except the Terry FE service van.

I stopped by their station the next morning to inquire if they had used the new foam system on the PUC as well, no one was around except the Terry FE service van.

The PUC, sadly did not get used. we were going to use it for cleanup with the foam due to the huge piles of debris, but we had the excavator there quickly and we just pulled it apart and soaked it down with the water supply that was already established.

thanks Chief and also for the tour of the PUC after delivery