Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

20,000 US Fire Deps. - FACTS (Boston Globe study)

6 posts in this topic

Buchanan and Larchmont, 100 % !!!! =D> =D> =D>

I must say that these numbers are totally inaccurate. For the most part departments do not put there real response time on the BIFR. The report shows that fairview fire district (not sure which one) has a slower response time to other volunteer departments such as (Dobbs Ferry or Irvington). I know for sure Irvington has a haul to some areas of thier district and there is no way from time of dispatch to arrival that they are there with in thte six minutes. Fairview is not a huge district with two stations pretty well situated in its district.

On another note I couldn't find Elmsford on the list?

I don't think that this is too reliable becaus it looks at a small numer of calls. It also doesn't take into consideration the size of the district compared with the number of stations. You can use statistics to prove just about anything.

This is a totally inaccurate study, every dept. puts down there own response times, and so when does the clock start, ie.. when you receive call or when you set off tones. also this is only for structure calls, and we all know there are so many other calls we respond to. #-o