Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dusie

Eastchester 5/1/09

5 posts in this topic

Anyone have details on what EFD has going on this afternoon in Bronxville?

Eastchester dispatched to activated CO alarm Eng 29 Ladder 16 car 2102, 2102 reports smoke showing requested the box with additional units, working fire basement and first floor of large private dwelling. EFD group 4 did an Outstanding Job!!!!!!!!

Hey Cap - was this a CO alarm from an alarm company or called in from the premise? In any case it sounds like the EFD guys did a good job and made another stop, good work!

Co Alarm from alarm company. Also had hard wired smoke alarm system that was monitored, transmitted as fire alarm about 11minutes after the CO alarm FD had been on the scene and operating for about 6 minutes. House had heavy smoke in the structure, and showing on exterior on arrival. there is no way that alarm should not have activated sooner!

Edited by demps121

Co Alarm from alarm company. Also had hard wired smoke alarm system that was monitored, transmitted as fire alarm about 11minutes after the CO alarm FD had been on the scene and operating for about 6 minutes. House had heavy smoke in the structure, and showing on exterior on arrival. there is no way that alarm should not have activated sooner!

Thanks for the info. In the seven years I've been working at 60 Control I can't tell you how many times we've had fires, the FD is on scene for a while, and the alarm company finally calls in an activated alarm. This is the second incident I can remember where the CO alarm went off for a fire and not the smoke / fire alarms.

Crazy....and scary at the same time. We all try and push our residents and businesses to get fire alarms, yet there's no guarantee they'll work when there's a fire.... is there no hope?