Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
markmets415

City Of Greencastle, Indiana Takes Action Against Lightweight Construction

5 posts in this topic

THE CITY OF GREENCASTLE, INDIANA, HAS STOPPED TALKING and started acting where it comes to lightweight construction, a.k.a. wood chips and glue buildings. City Building Inspector Dave Varvel and Fire Chief Bill Newgent are acquainting the citizens with a new identifier for buildings constructed with these materials.

http://www.firegeezer.com/2009/05/13/lets-hope-this-sticks/

as posted from firefightersclosecalls.com

A welcomed step in the right direction. Of course if I had my way these construction methods would themselves be outlawed, but barring that a worthwile and hopefully successful step none the less. Kudos to the City, Building Dept and Fire Dept for making it happen.

Cogs

Cogs that is exactly what I was thinking (ban the product) but yes this is a step in the right direction and hopefully we will see more follow this forward thinking.

Looks like a good idea, I just wonder, around here at least, if there would be a better place to put such an identifier. Especially since I know that the meter boxes on houses aren't always outside (in the garage in mine).

I tihnk in NJ they have somthing like theses signs on the front of buildings. I read about that a long time ago i fire engineering or firehouse mag.