Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

No, can't make this one up either.....

7 posts in this topic

I'd say this guy had not gotten refills on his meds in a looooong time!!!!!!

:dizzy: :dizzy: :crazy: :crazy:

Man Held for Cutting Pacemaker from Mother's Body

Tue Feb 1, 9:49 AM ET

HOUSTON (Reuters) - A Texas man is charged with cutting a pacemaker out of his dead mother's chest with a kitchen knife as part of a long-running dispute with a medical company, police said on Monday.

Harris County sheriff's deputies arrested James A. Donalson, 59, on Sunday after paramedics responding to the death of his mother discovered a large incision in her chest, Sgt. Bruce Williams said.  

"The son, her caretaker, made the comment, 'I removed the pacemaker,'" Williams said. "It's my understanding there's been some kind of ongoing dispute between the son, insurance companies and the doctor since this pacemaker was implanted in 1995."  

Donalson told reporters he wanted to keep the pacemaker as evidence of possible wrongdoing by its supplier. Investigators also want it to help determine the circumstances of the woman's death.  

Donalson was charged with tampering with evidence, a felony punishable by up to 10 years in prison, and jailed in lieu of $5,000 bond.  

He was set to appear before a judge on Tuesday morning.  

Authorities ordered an autopsy but believe his mother, 85-year-old Ann Donalson, died of natural causes. Her son removed the pacemaker with a kitchen knife at their home just northwest of Houston, police said.  

"They killed my mother," Donalson told reporters from the back of a squad car on Sunday, apparently referring to a medical device company.  

Deputies had not found the pacemaker as of Monday afternoon, Williams said.

thats just makes no sense. it looks like he killed his mother

E64PCFD2044, my buddies have asked that one before and it's a matter of programming your PC list of favorites. Two good sources are thedrudgereport.com and Reuters odd news.

I'm a serious guy but there are times I can't pass up the wacky stuff, especially if it's true (no made up stories...)

Stay safe!!

If they find the pacemaker, can he get the deposit back?

That is sick :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

The pacemaker was found!!!!! Man, this is some bizarre s___!!! :rolleyes2: :rolleyes2:

Man turns in pacemaker cut from mom's chest  

Texan wanted to keep device as evidence in long-running dispute

Reuters

Updated: 8:33 p.m. ET March 16, 2005

HOUSTON - A man in Texas has returned to authorities the pacemaker he carved from his dead mother’s chest, causing an evidence tampering charge against him to be dropped, prosecutors said Wednesday.

“No one wants to prosecute someone whose mother just died,†Harris County Assistant District Attorney Leslie LeGrand III said.

James Allan Donalson, 59, acknowledged removing his mother’s pacemaker after she died in January, saying he wanted to keep it as part of a long-running dispute with a medical supplier.

Prosecutors told Donalson the charge would be dropped if he returned the pacemaker so the medical examiner’s office could study it. He resisted, but LeGrand said Donalson’s brothers eventually convinced him to relent about two weeks ago.