Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Photounit

Structure Fire - East Fishkill Fire District - 11 Waldo Lane - 06/01/09

38 posts in this topic

Good thing you have that other profession that gave you the knowledge to repair it.

Thanks for the offer Tom! When I read this I was drinking a Coke and sprayed it all over my LCD screen and shorted that out! :lol: Only kidding about shorting the LCD out......... I did have to clean up a few drops of soda though........ Fisher Price :lol::lol::lol:

Anyway...... I took my camera apart and was able to find the problem........ It was not an easy task but fortunately I was able to do it....... This ability has kept me employed up until now and actually allowed me to earn the money to be able to afford the camera in the first place...... Apparently some water made its way into the rear panel of the camera in the area of the jog dial and on/off switch after it got wet at the Fishkill Farms Fire...... As this water dried, it left behind trace salt and mineral deposits (Which conduct electricity) which eventually caused problems with the on/off circuit and jog dial........You could barley see the deposits but all was well after I cleaned everything with IPA.... I had problems with the rear LCD display too after I got the camera to power up but that was because I needed to re-seat some of the microscopic ribbon cables that I had to disconnect to take the camera apart.......... So far the camera seems fine......... I GOT LUCKY......... This was definitely not something that you should try at home and something that I hope I don't have to do again..... Nor do I want to see the look on my wife's face again when she sees my $3k camera body in numerous pieces........Whew.......

Thanks everybody!!!!!!!!

Tommy- translation:

1) Camera got water in it

2) Bill dried out camera and cleaned electrical do-dads

3) Camera works fine now.

Rest easy, you can keep your camera and Bill will keep his..... and we're all glad that that little exchange never became a reality!

Ya know Scott, I'm glad I moved south to follow the career thing, y'all work too much up there! Nice job!

I heard a civilian got a lady out of the house and wanted no publicity and left . Anyone hear anymore on this?

Yes - there was a 90 year old woman asleep in the unit next door - she was safely removed by the new Neighbor and Mr. Chris Getz the builder for the new development right behind the house.

Mrs. Kaminski is doing well and staying with friends.

The Main living space for the family of 4 that lived in the house (Mother - Father - 3 year old girl and 10 year old boy) was toally gutted by fire - 90% of their possessions and the family cat was lost.

The fire department worked on the fire for over an hour to try to save the house.

The inside of the house was beautiful - Open beam (old timber) ceilings - Knotty pine wide board floors - Open Living space.

The upstairs bedrooms have some fire damage - but mostly smoke and water damage.

Due to an insurance policy error, the family will not be assisted with the refurnishing of the house throught their insurace company - however the INSURANCE company is still reviewing the claim to pay for the structure to be rebuilt. At least that gives them some hope.

Yes - there was a 90 year old woman asleep in the unit next door - she was safely removed by the new Neighbor and Mr. Chris Getz the builder for the new development right behind the house.

Mrs. Kaminski is doing well and staying with friends.

The Main living space for the family of 4 that lived in the house (Mother - Father - 3 year old girl and 10 year old boy) was toally gutted by fire - 90% of their possessions and the family cat was lost.

The fire department worked on the fire for over an hour to try to save the house.

The inside of the house was beautiful - Open beam (old timber) ceilings - Knotty pine wide board floors - Open Living space.

The upstairs bedrooms have some fire damage - but mostly smoke and water damage.

Due to an insurance policy error, the family will not be assisted with the refurnishing of the house throught their insurace company - however the INSURANCE company is still reviewing the claim to pay for the structure to be rebuilt. At least that gives them some hope.

The correct names are Chris Pizzanelli and John Geotz. I heard of the thrid person but haven't been able to confirm any names. If you have any further info please let me know because the fire department wishes to recognize their act of bravery. Please contact me through at the East Fishkill Fire District 226-1652. I am sorry to hear of more misfortune for those involved and hope it all works out for the best.

Scott Post

I think it's a shame that the Poughkeepsie Journal has yet to carry a story about this and fails to acknowledge what these 2-3 people did. I say Hats off to them and a job well done.

I think it's a shame that the Poughkeepsie Journal has yet to carry a story about this and fails to acknowledge what these 2-3 people did. I say Hats off to them and a job well done.

The Poughkeepskie Journal seems to never have coverage for anything that happens in our area - wierd. Unless it is a significant event like the Fishkill Farms fire.

Or if it can someway be misinterpreted to be harmful to any Civil service... The PK Urinal is known for that... (kinda like the the whole Fairview thing) I know I haven't seen a story on the "Support Fairview FF." Yet they can report from one side... with the "Fairness for Fairview" and only interview those people

Edited by EFFD4091-MLSS emt