Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x242Steve

Randy Samaha - Stamford 911 Dispatcher and Glenbrook Firefighter

10 posts in this topic

It is with the deepest sadness that the Stamford, CT emergency services family passes along to our brothers and sisters around the nation and around the world the news of the passing of Randy Samaha. Randy was one of the nicest guys you would ever meet, and I personally will miss his good-humored nature that made working the midnight shift that much more bearable.

Randy said it best about himself on his Facebook page:

Love for family, Loves to party, avid Yankee and Steelers fan, and above all loyal to friends...

From the Stamford Advocate:

RANDY J. SAMAHA, Randy J. Samaha age39, a Stratford, resident passed away June 5, 2009 after sustaining injuries from an automobile accident. He was born on October 9, 1969 in Stamford. He is survived by his loving wife, Melissa Perry Samaha, his loving children Jake, 5 and Amanda, 2; his parents, Edmond "Buddy" Samaha and Maureen Ashlund Samaha of Stamford, his in-laws, Richard and Donna Taber of Stamford. Randy was a Stamford 911 Dispatcher for 14 years and was a volunteer firefighter at Glenbrook Fire Department in Stamford for 14 years having obtained the rank of 1st LT. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated on Wednesday, June 10th, 2009 at 10:30 a.m. at Saint Thomas More Church, 374 Middlesex Road, Darien. Interment will follow in St. John's Cemetery, Darien. Relatives and friends will be received at the Lacerenza Funeral Home, 8 Schuyler Avenue, Stamford on Tuesday, June 9th, 2009 from 4 to 8 p.m. In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to Samaha Children's Fund, 257 Ferndale Avenue, Stratford, CT 06614 or to Connecticut Burns Care Foundation, 601 Boston Post Road, Milford, CT 06460. To leave a condolence visit our website at www.lacerenzafuneralhome.com.

Rest in PEace my friend. Midnights won't be the same without you.

Although I never actually met you, I am sure I have heard you dispatch us hundreds of times. RIP.

We had a lot of good times years ago at Glenbrook Fire Department. I reconnected with Randy years later while working my midnight shifts as Fire Dispatch Supervisor. I will always remember "headbanging" to The Eddie Trunk Show and trading funny stories about our kids while working at dispatch. Randy was a good firefighter, an excellent dispatcher, a proud father, and fantastic friend to many. He will be missed. Rock on my friend.

Rest in peace Randy. You will be sorely missed by all who knew you in and out of the fire service.

Deepest condolences to the family.

Cogs

Very tragic. Thoughts and prayers are with everyone affected by....Randy will definetly be missed....

RIP

RIP Brother!

I had the pleasure of working with Randy in dispatch, talking sports (Steelers) and Jammin' to some oldies. He was a great dispatcher and even better a person. Our prayers are with Randy his wife and children and all he touched. R.I.P