Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EFFD4091-MLSS emt

AMR --> New Paltz Exit off Tway

10 posts in this topic

Ok so I was leaving Joes about 2 weeks ago and I saw 6 AMR ambulances that were then towing another AMR ambulance (w/bumber mounts) getting off the Thruway in New Paltz. Then I saw 2 sup. cars I think right behind them. Anyone else see this convoy anywhere... Curious where they were heading....

Thats not to odd. Actually normal. AMR has several locations, western NY, NYC, Mass, & Ct. They are known to shuttle their rigs around to other location. Most of the time you will see them on 84 or 90. This is from observation as well as direct information. As for why they where in New Paltz, only a guess. That would be a few.

Edited by Medic442

Not knowing any better, AMR is a ambulance company ???

American Medical Response is the largest EMS company in the United States, and parent company Global Medical Response is the largest in the world.

American Medical Response is the largest EMS company in the United States, and parent company Global Medical Response is the largest in the world.

Actually, EMSC is the parent company and AMR/GMR are separate companies/divisions within the company...

they are big in hartford ct, i just went to a concert at the comcast theatre and there was somewhere around 8-10 ambulances lined up, and i believe there was a sign making it look like they have an acual station there. surprised u dont see them more in the area besides once a while on the highways, expecially in CT

It was also like 2 in the a.m. Maybe they were just hitting the hotel for the night, but it was just weird seeing an ambulance towing another like that.... and then have a convoy of 12 deep.... was just curious if it was just me seeing that lol.....

Edited by EFFD4091-MLSS emt

they are big in hartford ct, i just went to a concert at the comcast theatre and there was somewhere around 8-10 ambulances lined up, and i believe there was a sign making it look like they have an acual station there. surprised u dont see them more in the area besides once a while on the highways, expecially in CT

Hope you like the concert and did you go see DMB? if you did then why you didn't stop by to have a beer with me??? I am so ashamed of you!!!! LOL

Anyway to get back on topic, AMR (Ah, My Ride) HQ is based out of New Haven right off I-91 Exit 7, the old New Haven Ambulance building. They have coverage in the greater New Haven, Bridgeport, Hartford,Waterbury, Southington and I beleive around Somers too (not totally sure on that last one). The great majority of the rigs that were at the Comcast Center were not from Hartford AMR but the other "bases". You can tell this by their numbers in CT. If the car has 1 or two numbers, it is a New Haven area car. If if has a three or four digit number starting with "71" then that's a Bridgeport car, a "9" its a Waterbury car and a "3" usually a Southington car, also Hartford. Most of the comercial services have thier "regional C-MED" number (exception of New Haven since that area uses a "three tier desigation").

What areas in NY do they cover? I wonder if they were sending the cars to another base for use or something.

They have several stations in NYC & Long Is. As well as somewhere in Western NY. They did have a Station in Yonkers right next to Empress, but that was back in 99. They had pulled out of there.