Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

God Bless Charleston 9 6/18/07

6 posts in this topic

6/18/07 NEVER FORGET!! Hope EVERY FD learns from that tragic fire

n1315660202_7976.jpg

Thanks for the reminder.

I'll never forget one of the most beautiful firefighter paintings I've ever seen. It's on the wall of BlazesL59, a decorated Captain from NY. It's a simple watercolor of a huge gathering in Heaven of 343 NY firefighters wearing black helmets, welcoming and surrounding 9 Charleston firefighters wearing their classic bright helmets; The Brotherhood in Heaven.

God Bless all of them.

May we all learn from that tragic event and honor not only them, but all of those that have given their lives. Honor each fallen brother's life everyday when you put on your gear and answer the call.

May they rest in Peace and be never forgotten

I am very sorry that I hadn"t mentioned the Boston Vendome Fire which occurred on June 17th and took the lives of nine Boston Firefighters. It happened in 1972, and as I remember the fire was pretty much under control, when the entire building collapsed killing those nine firefighters. I remember seeing a picture of a ladder truck buried under bricks and debrie. I think it was Ladder 15. We should NEVER forget the Boston 9, and the Charleston 9, and their families. A very sad time for both depts and their families.