Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
prucha25

City Of Peekskill-OEM- Mobile Command Center

8 posts in this topic

I recently had the opportunity to take pictures of of Peekskill's Office Of Emergency Management Mobile Command Unit. Peekskill's OEM is in charge of large events such as their 4th of July Fireworks , and the Peekskill Celebration. They are also called to structure fire's and large scale events that may occur. Peekskill's OEM has also collaborated with NYPD, and various other counties and police departments.

post-15126-1246759717.jpg

post-15126-1246759723.jpg

post-15126-1246759727.jpg

post-15126-1246759731.jpg

post-15126-1246759734.jpg

post-15126-1246759737.jpg

post-15126-1246759742.jpg

post-15126-1246759746.jpg

post-15126-1246759751.jpg

This is a former Bee-Line ParaTransit van.

Nice truck. Question, that logo they have, the emblem on the top left, is that the US Army Special Forces crest? It looks like it is, only without the lettering.

Nice truck. Question, that logo they have, the emblem on the top left, is that the US Army Special Forces crest? It looks like it is, only without the lettering.

The emblem on the top left while used by the Army Special Forces in their patch is the universally accepted symbol for command and control.

I meant top-right, but you got what I mean. Thanks for the info.

Peekskill's OEM is in charge of large events such as their 4th of July Fireworks , and the Peekskill Celebration.

Really? That's the first I've ever heard of that.

..... Peekskill's OEM is in charge of large events such as their 4th of July Fireworks , and the Peekskill Celebration. ....

prucha25 allow me to correct one item on your post. Peekskill OEM has taken the position of providing Incident Command Support to the incident commander on major events inclding the 4th of July Fireworks and the Peekskill Celebration. Peekskill OEM never takes charge nor assumes the role of IC on incidents. The nature of the vehicle allows for computerized ICS tracking and reporting, internet access, multiple radio frequency operations and recording when needed, remote camera feeds, and detailed incident report production for the IC on event completion. Aside from that great pictures.

Thanks for clarifying that, and I might add that Peekskill OEM has been a tremendous support unit to the City of Peekskill Police and Fire Dept's during major incidents. Thank you!