Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
27east

New York State Police question

8 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I know there are (at least) a few Troopers on here. Do night troopers on the road always patrol with two in a car? Everytime I see a car at night, it always has two troopers. I seem to remember reading something about that on here, but I can'f find it.

Thanks.

I think at 11pm they pair up for safety purposes. I might be wrong but you are correct seeing 2 in a car

I believe a number of years ago they got that worked into their contract.

I have noticed that too, when I'm at work, I some times pass a State car on Main St. with two troopers in it.

I believe from midnight on they double up for safety reasons.

I believe that it's from 11PM or midnight until 5 AM that they ride two to a car. It is contractual and was done for officer safety several years ago.

I believe that it's from 11PM or midnight until 5 AM that they ride two to a car. It is contractual and was done for officer safety several years ago.

Thanks Chris.

Stupid question, haha, but at 5am does the other trooper go back to his/her own car?

Contract states you double up from 12:00 am to 5:00 am. Some guys split up into 2 cars for 5:00am to 7:00 am, others just remain doubled up til 7:00am.

The 2-man rule does not apply to Supervisors, K9, or BCI.