Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
27east

Eastchester Fire 2/7??

6 posts in this topic

Does anyone know anything about a fire in Eastchester (Bronxville) this morning around 9 in an apt building?

I thought I heard NRFD E21 and FDMV L62 relocating somewhere. Maybe its related.

Somebody told me New Rochelle had a small job in a restaurant a few blocks down from Sta.1 today as well.

Fire in a top floor of a 4 story building at 48 sagamore road in bronxville. All eastchester units were on scene mostly for manpower along with a volunteer or two. It was contained to one apartment and may have been started by contractors. news 12 was there, so it might be on the evening edition.

And yes, New Rochelle E21 (using spare E18) along with Mt Vernon L 62 both relocated to Eastchester Station 1. They also took in a run or two while there.

thanks...I saw it on news 12......anymore info on the other job that NRFD and FDMV took?

Both were originally dispatched to a transformer fire on Glen Rd x Marbledale Road. They received the assignment, but it took 60 a few minutes to get them both on the same frequency. While enroute to Glen Rd, 60 redirected L62 to a stuck occupied elevator on Fisher Ave, not too far away from the original call. E21 took in the transformer fire with PD however it turned out to be unfounded (there was a power outage in the area though due to ConEd working on Marbledale Rd). These were some time between 9 and 9:30. Im not sure if they took in any other calls while over in Eastchester.

Does anyone know why New Rochelle is useing E18?