Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Stamford FD Disaster Drill

3 posts in this topic

Now ... I see they need to train .. but why lights and sirens when there's absolutely no emergency whatsoever. Not naming anyone, but pretty sure some other departments got reprimaded several times for doing something like this ...

Now ... I see they need to train .. but why lights and sirens when there's absolutely no emergency whatsoever. Not naming anyone, but pretty sure some other departments got reprimaded several times for doing something like this ...

Not naming anyone, but pretty sure some other departments got reprimaded several times for doing something like this ...

Why such cryptic language? If you folks (the Greenwich Police Department Explorer Post) are truly preparing "tomorrow's leaders, today" then perhaps you will try and start with direct conversation and some fact finding? This issue that you are trying to talk around involved the Greenwich Fire Department and has been widely discussed in this forum and elsewhere. Fortunately, the practice in the GFD was discontinued and I think they (the GFD) have moved on from it.

Forgive me if I am wrong, but there appears to be an assertion in your post that Stamford should have learned from the Greenwich issue. If this is the case, it would have been hard considering that this drill occurred almost 3 years PRIOR to the recent Greenwich issue.

I know within the vast experience that is contained in the Explorer Post there are plenty of answers to all issues, but it is possible that the operations of this drill were managed well beyond the scope of a video camera.

Regards-

Edited by x152