Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
XCAPT133

NYS Quadricentennial/Peekskill Parade

5 posts in this topic

DOES ANYONE HAVE AN ANSWER IF THIS PARADE IS GOING TO HJAPPEN OR NOT I HEARD THE OTHER DAY THAT THE INVITATIONS WAS NOT EVEN SENT OUT New this year - NYS Quadricentennial Parade in conjunction with the City of Peekskill - trophy parade - September 12 - Time TBD

any more info on this??? like when the invites are going out??

my words exact they rumor has it they have not even gone out so how are u going to have a parade in sept. and u have a month to do everything they do not know what is involved in doing a parade i personally think it will be a flop

Parade is at 2pm - running the July 4th south route to Depew Park - no trophies - will be a "community" parade run as a combination of July 4th and St Patricks - nothing formal

All Peekskill companies that wish to participate will march as 1 unit at the beginning of the parade, with politicians, PD and EMS - service, civic, school, religious and neighboring FD's and EMS units will round out the next 2 maybe 3 divisions.

does this decision have anything to do with the fact that there are other things also taking place on the 12th like the RCVFA parade and the muster in milford ct

That, the WCVFA parade the following week and there are other "Celebration" activities that day at the riverfront. Crowd may not be that large watching the parade if a large group of folks are attending the Dragon Boat races and Peekskill Celebration. Gives the powers that be running the Quad, their parade, but keeps costs for attending agencies as low as is possible.