Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
spin_the_wheel

Ossining Fire Dispatch

4 posts in this topic

Hey, last time I was up the Ossining way about 7 years ago, when fire dispatch were in the old office, they had their own daytime fire dispatcher, and then a partime person took over from PD during busy eve hours from 7-11 or something like that. Do they still do this system? This is a unique system in Westchester correct? Anyone else do something similar?

Edited by spin_the_wheel

I'm sure Monty, SteveOFD or TR54 can better answer this but I'll take a stab at it.

Ossining FD is dispatched by Ossining Village PD for all calls. During the daytime, they have part-time administrative assistants who take over as dispatchers once the call is toned out. All other times the OFD base is staffed by volunteers - all members of the OFD.

Normally, you will hear OPD dispatch the OFD to a run, then their base takes over all communications with the Chiefs and apparatus. Their dispatch office is at their new HQ on State Street, home of L41 & R14.

585 got it essentially right. The only clarification is the volunteer dispatchers are on duty from approximately 1900-2200 weekdays (not at all other times), otherwise he hit the nail on the head.

Thanks guys, very interesting system. Be safe.