Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Mount Vernon, NY Police and Fire

7 posts in this topic

Hi,

I was hoping someone here had some insight into what the channel plan is in the MVPD radios? I see they have four frequencies, but only ever hear them use the primary frequency. Are the other channels for special units, detectives and such? Please let me know?

Same thing for FDMV, what is the channel plan for their radios. I hear them on 154.145, but do they switch to a fireground at the scene?

Thank you for all your help!

Don't know about the cops, but 154.145 is the FDMV's primary freq. and 153.830 is the fireground freq. There is one other but it is a backup and is rarely used.

Do they dispatch themselves, or are they done by 60 control?

Actually EMS is dispatched by the PD. Empress has a rig that is always in the city and is handled in house. If that rig is busy then the PD calls for an out of town rig from the Empress dispatcher.

Mount Vernon PD is going digital sometime in the near future with their new radio system. Don't know exactly when or whether or not same frequencies will be used. Remember, every cop nowadays is using either a personal or department supplied Nextel or cell phone so you will hear less sensitive stuff on the air.

Don't know your Fire Dept. questions.

Also post your message on fordyce.org/scanning, Westchester section.